Congratulations on your new boat! We are sure you can’t wait to go sailing!
Self-bailing boats or hulls are the need of the hour. They work to discharge water from the cockpit area or the deck, minimizing the chances of sinking. We don’t even need to speak about how many boats sink every year. We would rather keep this positive!
Best boat scuppers
One of the biggest components of self-bailing boats is the boat scupper drains. These drains work with gravity to drain. They are ideal for all boats that may have to embrace a wave or a splash that could cause water to accumulate. Not draining this water quickly will have consequences. The same holds true for times when you are sailing, and it starts raining.
Scupper drains essentially drain the water overboard instead of draining it into the bilge. Thus, they are important for all boats or self-bailing hulls.
If you are confused about the best boat scuppers and are unsure how to choose, we are here to help. We have curated a list of the top scuppers at the moment to help you out.
1. New Marine/Boat Scupper
This single pack of a boat scupper is known to drain the deck extremely quickly. It also falls in the affordable range, which is why it is highly preferable. Let’s find out more:
- It has been designed for decks above the waterline.
- It works well even in large boats and provides excellent drainage efficiency.
- It is also capable of clearing debris and keeping routes clear.
- It is perfect for holes that measure 2 inches x 5 ½ inches.
- It is a large-sized boat scupper that is rectangular in shape and promises to do wonders for you!
2. Boating Accessories – Self Bailing Scupper
This brand new boat scupper from Boating Accessories has so many attractive features that you will definitely want to buy it. What are they? Please keep reading to find out:
- It is an automatic scupper that seals and drains decks.
- The entire scupper is made of polycarbonate material.
- It has PVC mounts and a solid polyethylene ball to work above the waterline.
- It is a small scupper that fits relatively small openings. The ideal size of the openings is ¾ inches x 1 ½ inches.
- It works quite well and eliminates the need for you to use multiple plugs.
- The only thing to note here, which may cause you to rethink, is that it is quite difficult to clean. They are not very easy to remove and so, you will have to put in extra effort on cleaning day.
3. Replacement Boat Parts – Ball Scupper
If you are looking for a flow-max ball scupper, this is it. It is a high impact scupper made of plastic, ready to help you drain water out of your deck quickly. Below are a few more reasons why you should buy it:
- It is a large scupper that measures 1 1/8 inches. It drains fast and very efficiently, especially when compared to similar scuppers in the same price range.
- The floating ball helps keep the water sealed without affecting the boat.
- What we absolutely love about this ball scupper is that it fits multiple hole patterns with ease.
- The scupper works with a twist-off feature that clears obstructions and debris without making you work too hard!
- It is also quite safe and durable thanks to its stainless steel lock screw. This can fit over 1 ¼-inch motor well drain tubes.
- The overall dimensions of the scupper are:
- Base diameter: 3 inches
- Inside diameter: 1 ¼ inches
- Extension from the mounting surface: 2 ½ inches
4. TH Marine Cockpit Deck Scupper
When you buy this cockpit deck scupper, you will forget all your drain worries! It really is that good! It has excellent features that make it a reliable option. A few of them are as follows:
- It has a check ball that ensures that water does not back up into your boat.
- The scupper is UV stabilized and has been tested to have superior strength. These two features together provide durability and value.
- It comes with a 90-degree fitting that works perfectly with 1 ½-inch sized holes.
- You need a total of 4 #8 screws for installation. Please note that these screws need to be purchased separately.
- The hole needs to be 2 ½ inches in diameter for this scupper to fit perfectly.
- You can easily remove the scupper for cleaning and place it right back.
5. Orcas Stainless Steel Scupper
If you don’t fancy plastic scuppers and want to go with stainless steel models, you will definitely like this one. It is a unique scupper that has been used by professional boat builders for many years now. Here are some of its interesting features:
- It has a 4 3/4 -inch tube.
- The flanged collar measures 2-7/16 inches. It also has a grill that’s shaped like a pie.
- The scupper also comes with a flapper and a rubber plug.
- Its OD tube measures 2 inches.
- You can remove the trim rings with some effort. But, we urge you to do so only if the need arises.
It doesn’t matter which of these boat scuppers you buy. They are all amazing. The final decision should solely be based on need and the price. That will not take you more than a couple of minutes. If you aren’t able to make a decision or have any doubts regarding this, please feel free to talk to us. We are always happy to help!